18/3/17

Korn Stated They Are Not A Metal Band

Interesting...


Its really interesting that a lot of conversation are about metal music gernes . Is it ok to say that everything is metal ? Is it ok to say that there have to be metal gernes just to describe a band?
We all have our opinion about this subject but we all disagree too ! Is this band metalcore or numetal or something else . Here is where Korn frontman comes to sovle this problem and tell us what he believes .
Jonathan Davis says Full Metal Jackie: “

"I’ve always had a problem with the term ‘metal.’ We never were that. Just go back to the beginning when Korn started out. We came out of Huntington Beach, California, and they didn’t know what to do with us.

“The first tour we went out on was with Biohazard and House Of Pain. Second one was Sick Of It All, Orange 9mm and us. We played shows with No Doubt, Cadillac Tramps and Pennywise.
“I think that we went out and did all that stuff, and it seems like the metal community took us in. We were like the black sheep – we had no place to really go – and I really appreciate and I love the metal community.

“But as far as us being a metal band, a metal band, to me, is Judas Priest or Iron Maiden. I don’t think Korn does that. I know it’s something we do that’s different. But I love the scene and there’s some passionate people in it. They don’t care. If they don’t like what you’re doing, they’ll let you know it, and I respect that about them and that scene.”
Asked what he would describe Korn as, Davis adds: “I think we’re just heavy rock. I don’t like categories but we’re more of a heavy rock band than just straight metal. But when it comes all down to it, it’s music, and who cares what the hell it is?
“If you like it, you like it – if you don’t, you don’t. At the end of the day, that’s all that matters.”

I totally agree with him . Its never really matter if the music that I hear is metal or metacore or anything similar a long as it has really nice music !!!

Thanks For Reading And Please Like My Facebook Page! :-)

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου